Nothing makes me happier than seeing a family come together through a wedding. And that is exactly what happened during Ashleigh + Michael's Bloomsburg, PA wedding at The Barn at Hidden Acres. Yes, the colors were gorgeous, the florals were to die for, the games were fun, and the dancing was epic. For me, however, just watching the bond between Ashleigh and Michael unfold throughout the day and the joy of their daughter made the entire day one of the most precious weddings for me to have the opportunity to document. My favorite thing about Ashleigh and Michael is how obvious it is that Michael just adores Ashleigh. The best part is that she might not even know how much, but it's plain to see in these images how much joy there is amongst this pair. After hearing Ashleigh's father's toast, and reading over their questionnaire, I learned that Michael pursued Ashleigh for quite some time while the pair coached Lewisburg Area High School Girls Track and Field together. It is rumored that Michael even ironed her clothes every night for two weeks, with Ashleigh still somewhat oblivious to the fact that Michael had feelings for her. Michael, some words of advice... don't ever stop trying to win her heart!
Fast forward one year... and here they are, at their gorgeous Vintage Romantic wedding. The couple chose to focus on celebrating not only the love they have for each other, but their love for their family and friends as well. The outdoor ceremony was followed by a fun barn reception complete with lawn games and tons of dancing. Each table featured a floral centerpiece with a combination of Cream spider mums, peach garden roses, Ivory Waxflower, Ivory Spray Roses, and minimal greens consisting of Dusty Miller and Italian Ruscus. A favorite love quote chosen by the bride and groom on champagne stock and lace table coverings completed the romantic look. After dinner there was a late night snack that was personalized for the bride and groom. It consisted of soft pretzels and they called them Wetzel’s pretzels (for the bride) and Philly cheesesteaks (for the groom, because he grew up outside of Philadelphia, cheesesteak capitol).
Congratulations Ashleigh, Michael (and Baylee)! I wish you the best of luck in the future. Your wedding was simply beautiful.
- Wedding Gown: Stella York gown from Taylored for You
- Shoes: Nina Customized Bridal Pumps
- Tuxes: Vera Wang - Pronto Uomo Vintage Gray Suits Men's Wearhouse
- Rings: Foss Jewelers
- Necklace: Custom design from Grandmother's Diamonds by Foss Jewelers
- Bouquets: The Details Matter
- Bridesmaids: J Crew Silk Chiffon Dusty Shale collection
- Hair: Shear Bliss Salon, Lewisburg, PA
- Makeup: Advanced Skin Care
- Venue: The Barn at Hidden Acres, Bloomsburg, PA
- Caterer: Susquehanna Chef
- Stationery: The Wedding Sophisticate
- Candy Bar: Candy Warehouse & Mint Favors & More
- DJ: DJ Joey Z
- Second Shooter: Brittani Elizabeth Photography